Next time I’ll take a photo before the family tucks in. Authentic and simple. This serves 4 if you include rice, naans and a vegetable side. You can use any cut of chicken, bone in our out, but I prefer boneless thighs for flavour and convenience.
- 1 onion, sliced and chopped
- glug of oil
Gently fry the onion until transluscent. Add
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
Cook for another minute. Add
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into bite sized chunks
Cook away until coloured. Add
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped.
Cook for a few minutes. Add
- 1 green pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 0.25 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5tsp garam masala or chaat masala
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
Stir in and cook for a few more minutes. Add
- 1 cup /250ml boiling water
Stir, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add
- 2-3 tbs chopped coriander
- salt to taste
Cook for another ten minutes. At this point it is ready. If you like thicker sauce, you can add a bit of cornflour to thicken to your preferred consistency.