This is the perfect salad to serve with a roast on a hot summer’s day when cooked vegetables would be simply too much to take. This takes a bit of prep so it is good for a Sunday lunch or for guests. This is enough for six people. It keeps a day in the fridge at a pinch.
Prepare your vegetables, put a large pan on the hob full of boiling water and have a large bowl of iced water to hand. You will also need a scoopy thing and a colander or paper towels.
- Handful of tender French beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Handful of asparagus stalks, cut into 4cm lengths
- Handful of tenderstem broccoli, cut in half
- Large handful of frozen peas
- 6 spring onions, chopped into 1cm lengths
- 6-8 radishes, sliced
- Half or whole sweetheart cabbage, tender inner leaves, thinly sliced
- Bunch of mint leaves, shredded
Boil your asparagus for 2 minutes. Immediately cool in the iced water, then drain and dry.
Boil your French Beans for 4 minutes. Immediately cool in the iced water, then drain and dry.
Boil your Broccoli for 2.5 minutes. Immediately cool in the iced water, then drain and dry.
Boil your peas for 1 minute. Immediately cool in the iced water, then drain and dry.
Mix all your vegetables in a large salad bowl. make a dressing:
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
Gently toss the dressing through the salad.